Dancers at Helluva Dance Comp can compete in events in all four styles and in all levels. Because the competition is focused on collegiate dancers, only the adult age division will be offered, but dancers who are not in college are more than welcome to compete as well.
- The Newcomer division is for people who started competing in Fall 2019 or later. If you have only been competing since then but have been dancing for signficantly longer, consider only entering the Bronze division.
- Each competitor may enter up to two consecutive levels in each style.
- Costumes are allowed (but not required) at all levels.
- A couple is defined as two competitors of any gender, with one person leading and one following. The lead should be indicated by number. Competitiors should remain in the same role (leading or following) for the duration of an event, but can switch roles between events if desired.
- There is no restriction to the number of events a competitor can dance, though one person cannot enter the same event twice.
Team Match Rules
- We will be running two team match events: American University Team Match, and International University Team Match. There will be four dances in both of these events. A team will consist of four couples, one for each dance.
- Couples are allowed to dance in both the American and International Team Matches, but may not compete in more than one dance in each match.
- The number of rounds will be determined by the Chair of Judges.
Please register for these events by selecting Add Team during registration.
- American University Team Match
- International University Team Match